Developer Update Notes
Update as of September 19th, 2017
Rift: 126.96.36.199 | Gear 188.8.131.52 | Facebook Gameroom 184.108.40.206
- Non-VR version now available for PC on Facebook Gameroom!
- Default deck toggling now implemented
- Tutorial Intro Streamlined
- Boosters can now be purchased with Conquest keys as well
Update as of August 29th, 2017
Rift: 220.127.116.11 | Gear: 18.104.22.168
- No more Checking Online Content! All game content will now download from the Oculus Store (Gear)
- Conquest challenge difficulty now more reasonable for new players.
- Fix for Out of Sync error using Prince Will Yates
- Fix for odd behavior under certain circumstances when receiving Portal rewards
- AI adjustments to help with Gear freezes
- AI difficulty reduced slightly across the board
Update as of July 25th, 2017
Version 22.214.171.124 (Rift) | 126.96.36.199 (GearVR)
- New Daily Login rewards!
- Gold or Scrap daily
- Weekly Booster packs
- Mysterious anomaly after 30 consecutive days
- Card Changes in preparation for new cards:
- Blight Tower: Now costs 1 mana instead of 3.
- AA21 Dropship: Now gives 1 Supply Drop spell instead of 2. Now costs 4 instead of 5. Now gives 2 mana fragments instead of 3.
- Flashbang: Now costs 0 mana instead of 1.
- Minor changes to the design of the following Conquest Mode battles :
- Steelgate Keep (Steelgate Legacy)
- Hereford Glen (Fairfield Bird of Prey)
- Broken Boughs (BranDuir of the Bark)
- Shifting Sands (Amon Dusk)
Update as of June 20th, 2017
Version 188.8.131.52 (Rift) | 2.0.04 (GearVR)
- Lava Vent – 2 Cost unaligned fort. END OF TURN: If this Fort is occupied, deal 2 damage randomly split among all other units.
- Formerly cost 1 and did not include “other”, and had the potential to damage the occupying unit.
- We changed this because it got little use, and now it will better synergize with future cards.
- August Sultan- Stronghold Apostles generated by this unit no longer have mana fragments.
- We are testing this small balance change to this unit, but have a larger change on-hand if necessary.
- Fixed issue where Conquest challenges unlocked out of order
- Faster GearVR startup times
- Smoothed out AI related framerate issues and Timewarping
Update as of May 31, 2017
Version 184.108.40.206 (Rift) | 2.0.02 (GearVR)
- Conquest: Single-player story mode NOW AVAILABLE!
- 7 unique Conquest stories following the 7 factions through the Second Great War of Terrene Gall.
- Each faction Conquest consists of 6 campaigns with 5 thematically designed battles per campaign
- 210 specially designed single-player battles total!
- Each completed campaign (set of 5 battles) earns a free booster!
- Each completed Conquest (set of 6 campaigns/30 battles) wins a Conquest Boss Champion card for the respective factions!
- The first campaign in each Conquest is free if you own the faction. Each following campaign is unlockable with 600 gold or with cash.
- New Conquest Boss Champion Masks available in the mask store!
- Equipping these masks earns +5 gold per match!
- Equipping these masks earns +5 gold per match!
- Base four factions (Scales, Eclipse, Thorns, Strife) are now standard for all players.
- New DLC faction bundle added to the store (Silence, Essence, Delirium)
- New Trait: COMMAND- trait is active on Champion while the unit is positioned on the Stronghold (before it is played)
- Fix for bugs affecting Flash Sales
- Fix for portals showing as blocked by a menu when it should be closed
- Fix for Quick Mute button indicator not updating based on the active Touch controller
- Fix for portal VFX on GearVR
- Fix for friend invites interacting with portal menu
- Fix for Mask VFX on mulligan screen
- Fix for random end-of-match crashes
- Fix for damage effect triggering before damage orb reached Strongholds
- Fix for visual issue where Royal Falcon Squad projectile did not appear
- Fix for sky dome appearing below the tiles
- Fix for leveling up a faction removing all other masks.
- Fix for tutorial bug where a tile was improperly highlighted
- Flash Sales and Announcements localized for Chinese language
- Clicking disabled factions in the conquest menu now brings you to the corresponding store
- Giant units now go translucent when looking at tiles in front of it on GearVR
- Attempts at reducing UI shimmering/aliasing on GearVR
- Polished visual annoyances when inspecting cards on GearVR
- Champion scrap value increased to 3200 Scrap
- Giants can no longer be pushed twice in the same turn
- AI improvements
- New hint text for portals
- Localization updates
- Improvements to store directors
- Now players are returned to the Main Menu when exiting a portal match
Conquest Champion Card Additions:
- The August Sultan- Silence Champion- 5 Attack/ 5 Health
- RANGE. COMMAND: When the opponent plays a spell, spawn a Stronghold Apostle in a random spawn row space before the spell's effect.
- Master of the Hunt-Thorns Champion- 3 Attack/ 3 Health
- RUSH. While this unit is in play, other allies gain +1/+1 in Enemy Territory. COMMAND: This unit gains +1/+1 every time an ally enters Enemy Territory.
- Naa’mah- Essence Champion- 3 Attack/ 7 Health
- FLIGHT. END OF TURN: Reduce the cost of all cards in owner’s hand by .
- The Bard King- Scales Champion- 3 Attack/ 6 Health
- SPAWN and DEATH: All enemy units lose 1 Power. COMMAND: All ally units have -1/+1
- The Last Calamity- Strife Champion- 3 Attack/ 7 Health
- Whenever the enemy Stronghold is damaged, gain +1 Power. END OF TURN: Deal 1 damage to both Strongholds.
- The Sage of Scythe- Eclipse Champion- 4 Attack/ 4 Health
- SPAWN: Gain 2 Revelation Looms. SURVIVOR: Gain a Revelation Loom. DEATH: Destroy all played Revelation Looms.
- Tyrant- Delirium Champion- 5 Attack /10 Health
- GIANT. Doesn't move when activated. END OF TURN: Move a random non-Giant enemy unit to any available open space directly in front of the Tyrant.
- Repurpose –Unaligned Spell - 0 mana. BLIGHT target ally unit, then destroy it. DRAW 2.
- Formerly cost 2, did not BLIGHT the target unit and had DRAW 3.
- Being unaligned, this card was seriously abused, and gave a massive early game swing when combined with the Scaled Martyr. This should increase the value of Nature’s Bounty.
- Jelly– Token- RESPAWN: [0/1] Jelly.
- Formerly, this token was a [1/1] Jelly.
- This is the number one, most played, card in Dragon Front. It was in almost every deck, and we want other respawn and low cost cards to shine. A 1 cost with Respawn, is already a great value.
- Clockwork Drake--Unaligned Unit – 7/4/4 unit with FLIGHT and a board-damaging Spawn
- Formerly 6/5/4.
- The cost of a solid flight unit, combined with dealing one damage to the battlefield cost way too low for its true value. Also, being unaligned, made this too prevalent in constructed decks. Lastly, we needed to make this change to balance future cards.
- Catalyst – Silence Spell – 2 mana: Deal 5 damage to a POISONED unit.
- Formerly cost 3 mana
- We reduced the mana cost to 2 in order to make this card worth slotting in a deck and encourage more Poison decks. It’s not that hard to get a unit POISONED, but it does take work in order to set this card up. Plus Killing Stroke, which is also a 3 cost rare, is one less damage without the required set-up.
- Poison Burn – Silence Spell – 3 mana: STUN all POISONED enemy units. –
- Formerly cost 4 mana
- We reduced the mana cost to 3 to make this card better valued and encourage poison synergy. Again, this has some work to set this up so we’ll reduce the cost. This is basically a STUN and deal 2 damage to poisoned units as the opposing units will have to wait 2 turns to act while the poison runs its course.
- Fast Leak – Unaligned Spell – 3 mana: DRAIN 2.
- Formerly included DRAW 1
- We removed the DRAW element as the card is already powerful, and we felt that the extra card draw wasn’t merited.
- Feedback Murmur – Unaligned Fort – 4 mana: The first enemy non-Champion unit played by your opponent each turn costs  additional mana.
- Formerly cost 3 mana
- We raised the cost on this to 4 because it is an unaligned card, and was seeing an incredible win rate.
- Focused Obliteration – Delirium Spell – 3 mana: Destroy an ally Starling unit in ally territory and deal damage equal to its Power to the opponent's Stronghold.
- Formerly did not specify ally territory
- We changed this to target units in allied territory, so a player couldn’t hit a the opponent’s stronghold AND then deliver more direct stronghold damage.
- Blaze of Glory – Strife Spell – 5 mana: Grant an ally unit +3/+3 until the end of the turn, then destroy it.
- Formerly cost 4 mana
- We raised the cost to 5 as it is an unexpected +3 damage when given to flight units, potentially +6 on giants. It had one of the best win rates in the game, and we want to give opponent’s more opportunity to counter these kind of devastating attacks.
Update as of May 15th, 2017
Version 220.127.116.11 (Rift) | 1.1.31/68 (Gear)
- Push notifications from Dragon Front are now available
- Prepping for Conquest Mode
Update as of May 2nd, 2017
Version 18.104.22.168 (Rift) | 1.1.30 (Gear)
- Fixes for Thorns stronghold textures on Gear
- Fixes bug preventing clients from having stuck flash sales.
- Fixes issue where flash sale offers fail the sale internally. This was blocking some users from receiving purchases.**
- Fixing handedness switching for Gear Controller
- Merc Platoon scrap value set back to normal
- Heavy Ordnance scrap value set back to normal
**If you purchased a flash sale and did not receive what you are owed, send a snapshot of your receipt to Support@high-voltage.com and you will be compensated.
Update as of April 18th, 2017
Version 22.214.171.124 (Rift) | 1.1.29 (Gear)
- New Masks available in the in-game store!
- New masks available in the game store can be applied to Factions that have reached level 10 and higher.
- Mysterious Portals have appeared, and there is something inside!
- Something is being transported from the other side. Enter the portal and play multiplayer matches to bring it closer to you.
- Deep discounts and rare items with new Flash Sale feature!
- AI improvements! Now with more I !
Update as of April 11th, 2017
Version 126.96.36.199 (Rift) | 1.1.24 (Gear)
- Merc Platoon now has 3 mana fragments (was 2 mana fragments)
Update as of April 4th, 2017
Version 188.8.131.52 (Rift) | 1.1.24 (Gear)
- Gear VR Controller now compatible!
- Double Gold/Double XP event bugs squashed.
- Fix for Unwanted Crawlers bug shifting and revealing stealthed units
- Fix for Gajji Necromancer not spawning Stygians in the first tutorial
- *Card Change* Merc Platoon: Was: 4 mana ¾ - Now: 5 mana 3/3
- Merc Platoon is scrapable for its full forge value for next 2 weeks
Update as of March 14th, 2017
Version 184.108.40.206 (Rift) | 1.1.21 (Gear)
Delirium Faction now available!
- Touch Controls now available on RIFT!
- Large units are hidden when trying to look behind them on Gear VR
- Added functionality for going forward/back between starter tutorials and starter faction purchase
- Added sounds for Champion flybys
- Canopy Goliath – END OF TURN: If this unit is in Ally Territory, gain +1/+1.
- Formerly START OF TURN
- We felt that an Epic Thorns card should not be so easily removed from the board. Changing the END OF TURN to START OF TURN, gives it more staying power without effecting the spirit of the card.
- Netherworld Guardian – SPAWN: HUSH all non-Champion enemy units in this lane.
- Formerly HUSHed all units including Champions
- It really isn’t fun to have your Champion HUSHED, without a viable counter-play. Champions are meant to be game changers, and provide a decent comeback mechanic. This is still a solid 6/6 unit for 8.
- Terrene Menders – SHIFT. END OF TURN: HEAL ally units 1 in this lane.
- Formerly did not include SHIFT
- As part of Essence, we felt SHIFT adds a great amount of value to a back row healing unit, considering he only heals for 1.
- Divebomb Griffin – FLIGHT. This unit has +2 Power versus the enemy Stronghold.
- Formerly had +2 Power against non-flight units as well.
- There are so many reasons for nerfing this card. First off all, it was poorly designed. It looked like a 4/4 Flight unit, but in almost every regard it was a 6/4, unless the opponent blocked with another Flight unit. Even then, the bonus damage wasn’t need to killed 85% of the game’s Flight units. We moved this card in-line with the Blazing Ram by just giving its Power bonus to Stronghold attacks.
- Esoteric Rebuttal – Damage the enemy Stronghold equal to the Mana Fragments of the last ally unit killed this turn. This spell's cost is equal to the unit's Mana Fragments.
- Formerly damaged the enemy stronghold equal to the mana fragments received during the turn. The spell’s cost was also equal to the damage.
- Listening Post – TRAP: Gain a copy of a random card from the opponent’s deck.
- Formerly: TRAP: Owner of this fort: DRAW 1.
- This fort is never played, and has a low win rate. We felt that gaining a card from the opponent’s deck makes it far more appealing, while ensuring that your opponent can’t use it to deck you.
- Mystic Array - cost reduced to 4
- Formerly cost 5
- This spell randomly targets enemy units, walls and the stronghold, making it more difficult to play effectively. This reduction puts it in-line with Howling Gale and other randomly targeted spells, while maintaining decent stronghold damage if the player can clear the battlefield of enemy units.
- Grave Touch – cost increased to 3.
- Formerly cost 2
- Direct Damage is really strong in the current meta, and this being an unaligned card, that essentially costs 1 mana is broken. It is showing up in way too many decks and gives the owner a massive swing. We are trying to pull back on unaligned Direct Damage cards, and found this one to be the largest offender.
- Crosswinds – cost increased to 4.
- Formerly cost 3
- This card had a 72% win rate, which set off all sorts of alarms. Giving all of your units Sprint, in conjunction with Flight, made for some brutal OTK strategies. There are counters, but with a win-rate so high we had to do something to dial it back.
- Gajji Necromancer - Choose One: SPAWN: Deploy a 1/1 Stygian in each open space in Ally Territory. -or- SPAWN: Grant all Ally Stygians in play +1/+1.
- Formerly: SPAWN: Deploy a 1/1 Stygian in each open space in Ally Territory.
- We have received constant feedback on this Champion, and because Eclipse has one of the worst win percentages, we wanted to give their basic Champion an advantage. This also adds more flavor to Stygian strategies.
- Soul Foundry – cost decreased to 2.
- Formerly cost 3
- We reduced this cards cost to give this basic card more value.
- Fixed an issue with examining and canceling examine of a last-played card affecting menu functionality
- Fixed swipe up not toggling examine on Gear
- Fixed examining a fort first when examining a tile with both a unit and a fort
- Fixed bug with Ether Blast and Stealthed units
- Fixed bug when accepting an invite before loading into the main menu
- Fixed “Error Retrieving Rewards” bugs that do not result in rewards being credited to account.
- Fixed Foe Shard vfx hang on Gear VR
- Fixed Armor icon being removed when Conscription is cast on an Armor unit
- Fixed price encoding issue in non-US regions.
- Fixed rare desync with Skirmish Mover and Dynamic Cluster
- Fixed tiny text when receiving both gold and hitting the daily max at the same time
- Fixed daily max text not showing up when the game is already started at max
- Fixed Darkspring Dryads not getting pushed by Mystic Mine
- Fix for Terra Whale being affected by traps it destroys
- Fix for Giants not teleporting properly
Update as of January 17th, 2017
Version 220.127.116.11 (Rift) | 1.1.11 (Gear)
Updates and Additions:
- Release Essence Faction.
- Background online content download during tutorials implemented for GearVR
- "Win Streak!" added on the Rewards Screen if the player has a win streak.
- Skip tutorials when coming into game from an outside source
- Updated Concede Text to explain the player will lose rewards
- Healing Grove now heals 2 (was heal 1).
- Rainbow Mists now costs 5 (was cost 6).
- Bark Druids now have 2 Health (was 1 health).
- Accelerator fort cost reduced to 3 (was cost 4).
- Makes Heavy Ordnance non-Giant (was Giant and non-Giant).
Desyncs and Crash Fixes:
- Druid Arachnis Riders failing to respawn at the same time as another respawn unit dying no longer causes desync
- Revealing a stealthed card on targeting in single player no longer causes desync
- Conscription being cast on Five Star General no longer causes desync
- Overdraw by both players with Rats of Rous and Repurpose no longer causes desync
- Paging in card collection with Find Similar button highlighted no longer causes crash
- Using Volcanic Eruption with enemy units stealthed no longer causes a hang
- Fix for progression stopper when immediately backing out after selecting initial faction
- Fix for Heavy Ordnance giving range indefinitely
- Fix for interaction between Tempest Minelayer and Plague Mine
- Fix “Waiting For Server” bug on new accounts
- No longer lose the name of the deck if you start editing and back out without changes
- Fix for carpet bombing not showing up correctly for the opponent
- If the stealth champion gets revealed on spawn, it is revealed for the opponent after it is added in the last played card queue.
- Fixed High Command “Rank Pending”
- Fix for the Friends Chat Only button display not updating properly when toggled
- Scales Lock on Gear VR no longer appears black / unlit
- Fix for fort activation VFX happening when destroyed by Flash Flood
- Added a damage projectile and corrected ordering of events for Soul Foundry VFX
- Fix for armor icon showing up black on gear VR
- Added muzzle flashes for Gear VR
- Stronghold Damage shields now properly indicate the lane from which damage is dealt
- Fix to prevent Steamwing Bomber from appearing untextured
- Fixed card exhaustion vfx
- Added the Giant Icon to the card
Update as of January 3rd, 2017
Version 18.104.22.168 (Rift) | 1.1.08 (Gear)
Special scrap values for the following cards has ended:
- Volcanic Eruption
- Chain Lightning
- Tempest Zeppelins
Update as of December 20th, 2016
Version 22.214.171.124 (Rift) | 1.1.08 (Gear)
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!---Double XP Weekend planned from December 24th- December 25th
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!---Double GOLD Weekend planned from December 31st-January 1st
- Cards nerfed in this patch are worth their FORGE value in scrap for the next two weeks (Until January 3rd, 2017)! *note: bonus scrap gained may not visually update immediately
- New content will be announced soon, so stay tuned!
Volcanic Eruption (Strife) – Removed the Stronghold damage from its effect.
Chain Lightning (Strife) – Reduced Stronghold damage this card inflicts to 2.
Tempest Zeppelins (Unaligned) – Reduced Power to 4.
Sigil of the Tempest (Eclipse) – Reduced the mana cost of this card to 0.
This card change is a strength improvement, so there is no scrap award.
Update as of December 13th, 2016
Version 126.96.36.199 (Rift) | 1.1.08 (Gear)
- Circle of Life (Thorns) changed to DRAW 1 for each card you discard.
- Big Bertha no longer stuns itself
- Quick Mute now mutes you as well as your opponent
- Quick Mute feature resets at the beginning of each new game
Update as of November 29, 2016
Version 188.8.131.52 | 1.1.07 (Gear)
UI/Visual bug fixes
- Small correction to positioning of Health Widget in some cases
- Fixed Champion orbs spawning when fatigue damage is absorbed by a Stronghold Apostle
- Occasional character death issues should be resolved (visual and programmatic)
- Corrected occasional black screen issue that could occur when looking at objects occluded by a dialogue box
- Rare In-game black screen bug for GearVR fixed
- Playing a card that was returned to the hand will no longer play death animation on second spawning
- GearVR: attack animation improvements
Abilities/ Desync Fixes
- Hush should now reveal Stealth units
- Fixed desync issues with Stealth Traps
- Fixed desync issues with Stealth units spawning from a Warden Transport
- Fixed desync issues with Union and Stealth interactions
- Abilities should no longer move units on top of friendly Stealth units
- Fixing fort spawning for occupied spaces when cards should allow such forts to be placed
- Units should now lose abilities gained only while a card is in play when written as such when said card is removed from the game
- Improved reveal cases for Stealth units
- Fixing reveal events when placing a fort or unit on top of a stealth unit
Specific Card Fixes
- Netherworld Traversal: Units can successfully move through Stealth units
- Dragon’s Warning: should now correctly place forts as written on card text
- Amon Dusk no longer buffs units once he dies
- Underestimated: fixing Blight Ghosts and Vengeful Ghosts returning to hand properly
- Fixing rare interaction with respawn units and the Tempest Minelayer not interacting properly
- Card Update: From the Shadows now costs 4 mana.
Various localization corrections (spelling and grammar)
Decks now display the Champion in the deck when perusing a deck to play in lobby
Update as of November 17, 2016
Version 184.108.40.206 | 1.1.0 (Gear)
- New Faction: SILENCE, Now Available!
- In- Game Quick Mute Feature Added (Rift only currently)
- Added a Quick Mute "button" in game that appears during multiplayer matches
- When player hovers over the opponent's mask, a sound icon appears above the mask. Player can press the "Select" button to toggle their microphone.
- Quick Mute starts on or off based on the player’s chat settings in the Audio Options menu.
- Multiple Booster packs can be opened more quickly
- Allow for opening multiple boosters w/o going back to main menu
- After revealing booster cards and displaying the "Added to Collection" banner, the booster pack enters a new phase where the player can choose to either open another pack or back out to the main menu.
- Added queue Time estimates
- Added Card Lore (flavor text) to in-game examinations
- Added Mission Expiration—Missions now expire after 5 days
- Matchmaking and P2P Improvements
- Server Stability Improvements
- Bug, Crash, and Desync Fixes
- UI improvements
- Gear VR Performance Improvements
- Art updates
- AI improvements
- Various card text cleanups
- Friend Invite Improvements
- Localization Updates
- Gear VR VFX improvements
- Gear users can play through tutorial before having to download online content
- Players no longer appear to lose rank for friend matches
- Draws no longer affect win streak
- Graphic fixes to reduce shimmering
- Level of Detail art change--Increased texture size for examined cards
- Fix for Grave Touch not displaying the correct mana after use
- Fix for Power Funnel not showing the correct number of health orbs
- Fix for Divebomb Griffin not dealing bonus damage against strongholds
- Fix for Darkspring Dryads not appearing when spawned
- Fix for Secret Door trying to teleport a unit on top of a wall
- Fix for Fortify not blocking damage at the end of your opponent's turn
- Fix for desync with Blight Ghosts, Shade Thaumaturge, and an empty deck
- Fix for stats visibly resetting before the death animation finishes
- Fixed issue causing level 50 Thorns mask to appear blurry to user
- Reduces scale of mutated mongrel for GearVR
- Add Stronghold Destruction Hit Effect to GearVR
Card Balance Changes:
- Druid Arachnis Riders – Mana cost raised to 3. Functionality changed to, "DEATH: Grant +1/+1 to all Druids in your hand. RESPAWN a random Druid from your hand at no cost."
- Snipe – Mana cost lowered to 0.
- Secret Door – Functionality now includes ally and enemy units.
- Inferno Totem – Functionality changed to, "Any damage from spells or forts taken by ally units occupying this fort HEAL those units instead."
- Druid Land Warden - Health changed to 4.
- Tempest "Despair" Tanks - Health reduced to 2.
- Tempest Artillery - Power reduced to 5.
- Cultivation – Functionality changed to, “When either player discards a card, grant Target Ally Unit +1/+1.
- War Cultist- rarity changed to common.
- Doom Tank- rarity changed to epic. Mana cost was raised to 7.
- Skullsmash Steamroller - Power changed to 4.
- Secret Door - Functionality changed so all units can use its ability.
- Forest Wisps - Stat change to 2/1/1. Functionality change to, "Unit gains +1/+1 whenever an enemy unit enters Ally Territory."
- Gaazer the Wretched- FLIGHT if the enemy champion is in play gain +3/+3